Audio & Multimedia
Games & Entertainment
Home & Hobby
Network & Internet
Security & Privacy
QArchive.ORG PAD Repository
At the beginning of qarchive.org we've used the PAD database provided by ASP Shareware. Combined with direct submissions, the ASP repository allowed us to create an extensive database of software titles.
We've soon outgrown the ASP repository with our strict quality requirements and moderated acceptance. In order to maintain the high quality standards of software listed on qarchive.org, it has become easier for us to develop our own repository rather than continue using the ASP one.
Why We Are Better
The majority of script-generated revenue-driven software download archives advertise listing some 60 thousand of products. The ASP repository indexes over 50 thousand of PAD files. Qarchive.org only lists 40 thousand of products, all of which are pre-moderated and scanned for viruses and spyware. Manual review and online antivirus scanning allowed us to filter out over 20,000 products not meeting our acceptance criteria.
We are doing our best to increase the quality of our product database even further by continuously reviewing and moderating the existing listings and carefully screening all new submissions.
Automated Filters. Certain types of malware and otherwise inappropriate products can be detected and blocked automatically. We developed a sophisticated system that screens every submission, alerting the moderators if a product is flagged. While our filters are a result of several years' work, we still review every rejection manually, giving every product the benefit of doubt. In practice, we manually un-flag legitimate products that may have technical errors in their PAD files, use stop-words in their descriptions, or use a flagged Web hosting company.
Manual Moderation. The moderators are reviewing new submissions, immediately blocking products that raise spam or malware concerns. While it is possible for malware to slip through our machine-based filters, such products are spotted by the human.
Antivirus Check. We are scanning all submissions with an antivirus, performing additional checks when the virus database is updated. We are using DrWeb, one of the best available antivirus products on the market. We are not removing the infected products without consideration; instead, we are placing such products on hold, giving their developers a chance to clean the virus if the infection was unintentional.
User Opinions. Our visitors like leaving their opinions about the products they download. At the moment of this writing, qarchive.org has over 12,000 moderated user reviews. If a product gets continuously bad reviews, we download the product and run it on a sandbox PC in our test lab. After the users' concerns are verified, we make a decision on keeping or removing the product from our database.
Arbitration. You wouldn't believe if we told you how many products violate others intellectual property by using stolen documentation, graphics, or by implementing patented functionality. It is our intention to defend ourselves and our visitors against the legal trouble by promptly handling the legal complaints, investigating and removing the products found in violation of other's rights.
Our careful approach to selecting only qualified products allows our visitors find a quality and safe solution to their problem without the risk of getting a Trojan horse.
Software developers get protection of their intellectual property against impersonators, spammers, crackers and malware bundles.
Download archives using our PAD database are getting a high-quality sample of software products with greatly reduced risks of inadvertently hosting inappropriate or adult content, or being found distributing viruses or malware.
- How do I submit my software to your repository?
- Register a developer's account on www.qarchive.org, and use the Submit link.
- Do you charge for your arbitration services?
- No. It is in our best interest to keep qarchive.org free of legally troublesome products.
- I found malware on your site! What do I do?
- Contact us! Tell us about the product and the problem you've experienced with it.
- My product was infected with a virus, but I fixed that now. What do I do to get re-included into your database?
- Just wait. We download and check products periodically, re-including the titles that are no longer infected.
- My product was detected as malware by your antivirus scanner, but it surely isn't!
- Please contact the developers of DrWeb Antivirus to get your product exempted from their virus database.
- How can I use your PAD repository on my download archive?
- Our PAD database is free to use. However, we require that you place our logo and a link to qarchive.org on every site using PAD files from our database. If you want to benefit from listing pre-screened, safe software titles, we recommend (yet not require) that you redirect your PAD submission form to our site.
- Can I become a co-moderator?
- No. All moderators are paid employees of qarchive.org. At this moment, we are not accepting volunteers. If you discovered malware on qarchive.org, please contact us about it.
Download PAD Repository
You are free to download and use QA PAD Repository. Please choose one of the following formats:
Count - 28963,
HTML (last 200),
Count - 0,
HTML (last 200),
Count - 142458,
HTML (last 200),